In honor of National Scrapbook Day on May 1st, I am hosting a giveaway for the fabulous CKU in a Box Scrapbooking Kit, as shown in the photo above. In all fairness I think this should actually be called the CKU in a Box scrapbooking, card making, and journaling kit because CKU in a Box contains all of the elements necessary to complete a gorgeous scrapbook, handmade cards, and a journaling notebook!
CKU stands for Creating Keepsakes University, which is a fun weekend scrapbooking program developed by Creating Keepsakes scrapbooking specialists. Creating Keepsakes is a wonderful company that has been well respected by scrapbookers for their publication of Creating Keepsakes scrapbooking magazine, scrapbooking kits, instructional books, scrapbooking classes (CKU), and most recently Club CK, which is an online scrapbooking community full of excellent instructional resources and cool freebies (stay tuned, I am giving a free membership to Club CK away in the near future!).
CKU IN A BOX VIDEO CLIP... CHECK IT OUT!
Creating Keepsakes says: "CKU in a Box brings the acclaimed Creating Keepsakes University program right to your living room! Complete three unique projects designed by Lisa Bearnson, Tracy White and Becky Higgins."
Kit contents include:
- Tracy’s journaling class. Complete a 9x9 journal album.
- Lisa’s album class. Complete a 9x12 D-ring album.
- Becky card class. Complete 6 beautiful cards.
"All projects come with everything you need to complete the project. Just add your words and photos! With over a 1,000 pieces and a 90 minute instructional DVD this kit is just like being at the event!"
Becky's Card Kit
Look at the beautiful selection of cards you will be able to make with your CKU in a Box kit! It's a snap to make a gorgeous handmade card when using this kit... you can complete a card you will be proud of in just minutes!CKU Canvas Tote
You can store and carry your CKU in a Box projects in this great CKU canvas tote, which is included in the CKU in a Box kit.
My Personal CKU in a Box Experience:
My Personal CKU in a Box Experience:
When I think of scrapbooking Creating Keepsakes always comes to mind! Recently my elementary aged daughter expressed a desire to learn scrapbooking. Knowing that she has limited patience, I wondered if she would become easily frustrated when attempting to learn scrapbooking techniques. I figured the best way to introduce her to the fun art of scrapbooking would be by using a kit.
CKU in a Box seemed like a great kit to get my daughter started on her scrapbooking journey. When we received the kit and opened it, I knew I had made the right decision! To begin assembling her scrapbook, my daughter simply had to remove the contents from the bag marked page one, and follow the included diagram showing her how to layer the page components. It was a cinch! She picked up on how to put it all together with no problems, and in no time she had completed a two page lay out!
The sense of pride my daughter had as she showed her completed scrapbook pages to our family was a wonderful gift. Because her first scrapbooking experience using CKU in a Box was easy yet produced such excellent results, she was inspired to complete more pages the very next day!
Becky's Card Kit is perfect for me because I love giving my family and friends handmade cards, but I don't have the time to make them completely from scratch anymore. Thanks to Becky's card kit I can now make a special card that looks like I fussed in no time flat.
I decided to give Tracy's Journaling Kit to my "tween" age daughter; she's at the perfect age for this! She is having a great time documenting the everyday "dramas" of her middle school adventures. I know she will look back and cherish the memories she is capturing in this journaling album someday.
CKU in a Box is easy enough for beginners, but also perfect for advanced scrapbookers who want to quickly complete an artistically designed scrapbook. I recommend it for everyone who loves photos, memories, and paper crafting! It is hard to believe that you can get all of the components needed to complete 3 fantastic looking projects for such a super-low price! Two thumbs up for CKU in a Box!
Take 20% off your CKU in a Box purchase using coupon code CKUBOX (offer valid through May 16, 2010).
(3) Lucky Freebie Fairy followers (must be following PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect in the sidebar of this website) will each WIN (1) CKU in a Box Scrapbooking Kit (retail value $29.95).
TO ENTER GIVEAWAY (mandatory):
1) Become a Freebie Fairy follower (must follow PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect in the side bar of this website) AND visit Creating Keepsake's online store - Shop Scrap and Paper Corner - to browse their product selection; LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me that you are now following me PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect, AND tell me the name of an item you found on your visit to Shop Scrap and Paper Corner that you love to own (other than CKU in a Box, please). (1 entry)
BONUS ENTRIES (each entry comment must be entered separately to be a valid entry):
2) Sign up for the Shop Scrap and Paper Corner newsletter. (1 entry)
3) Blog about this giveaway linking it back to this post AND the Creating Keepsakes website; Please LEAVE ME A COMMENT with THE LINK TO YOUR POST or it will not count. (3 entries)
4) Follow Creating Keepsakes on Twitter. (1 entry)5) Grab my Freebie Fairy button and display it on your blog/website (copy the html code for the button from the sidebar of this website, and paste the code into your blog/website); LEAVE ME A COMMENT with a LINK to where you pasted my button. (1 entry)
6) Follow me on Twitter AND tweet the giveaway; LEAVE ME A COMMENT (with your twitter link) telling me you did it. (one entry per tweet/RT; DO NOT EXCEED (1) TWEET/RT PER HOUR!)
7) Follow my Gluten Free Taste of Home blog PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect (in the sidebar of my Gluten Free Taste of Home website) and LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me you did it. (1 entry)
8) Grab my Gluten Free Taste of Home button and display it on your website/blog (copy the html code in the side bar of my Gluten Free Taste of Home website and paste the code into your website), and LEAVE ME A COMMENT with a LINK to where you pasted my button. (1 entry)
*GIVEAWAY OPEN TO US ONLY*
Giveaway ends on Thursday May 6, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. PST (entries received after this time will not be posted). Winner will be selected by random.org. Winner will be notified by e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
*REMEMBER... please leave your e-mail address with EACH entry so I can contact you if you win.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I was not compensated for this post; I received a complimentary CKU in a Box Kit for review purposes courtesy of Creating Keepsakes. The opinions I have expressed are solely my own; I was not required to post a positive review. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Best of luck!